The new little guy

The new little guy

Friday, September 7, 2012

Random thoughts.....

I often wondered why posts were slow coming from families traveling in country. I know sometimes it is due to lack of Internet, that was our problem yesterday morning. It rained and we lost Internet all morning. The rain also kept us from our morning visit. We found an umbrella in our apartment 45 minutes into our visit time and tried to walk, but the walk was a muddy, watery mess and we were going to get to the o. Just as they were starting to take food to the groupas....bad timing. So, we visited the market for soup and had soup nd sandwiches for lunch and waited for the Internet to come back. We did make our afternoon visit but T was busy playing in her groupa and did not want to come with us! Typical kid! We still managed to have a nice visit and returned her for dinner. She is so cute with me. While reading a book I pointed to the kittens and said, "koshka,da?" She said, "Da mama, koshka" like a little teacher and looked at me like I might actually be learning something and she was proud of me. She and Kevin continue to wrestle and be silly! She loves it. She also had him help her with her shoes yesterday. She is very bossy about who does what job.  When we left her she hugged us with no prompting from caregivers and told us goodbye and good luck!
     We came home for tomato soup and FaceTime with the kids. Being away from our kids at home has been so hard and the only thing keeping me sane is technology. Thank you God for technology. We have our I Pad and Facetime with the kids for about an hour each night. I highly recommend it. Also an app. Called Voxer that works like walkie talkies so we can leave a message for one another or use it to talk quickly when we don't need a picture.
     We can't show T's face until after court but I will try to get some pics from the back today. We are often using the I Pad for musica and I forget! Please keep praying for Kevin's back, he is still in pain. Also prayers for continued strength, we are running a marathon here for sure. Goodbye and good luck!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you all! A marathon indeed...keep pressing on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed. We have gone a week sometimes with no internet. We leave here in 5 hrs now...bound for home!!! Can't wait to get together at home. Praying for y'all. Love Heather and the entire Tidwell family.

    ReplyDelete