The new little guy

The new little guy

Monday, September 24, 2012

Perhaps God will show up

     Yesterday's sermon at Element Church in Cheyenne was in 1 Samuel:14 Jonathan and his armour bearer. You see, between them they had one sword and were going to go up against thousands of Phillistines and as they prepared to attack, Jonathan said, " Let's go over and attack those Phillistnes and when we do perhaps God will show up and help us!" You see, Jonathan knew he couldn't do it by himself, only if God did it through him would anything be accomplished.
     I am understanding Jonathan today. Roma is back and we went to see Kira this morning. This is hard. They are preparing her to leave with us and watching her cry causes me to cry. If I could take the pain, I would. The confusion, the loss, the pain, I would take it in a heartbeat for my sweet girl. I agree with Jonathan, I am here in Ukraine for four weeks now. I have left my family, my friends and have little to fight with but if God shows up it will make all the difference. I can only let God do great things through me, without Him I am nothing.
     Adoption is a wonderful, beautiful thing. However, it stems from loss. My daughters will know they had to lose a family to gain one. According to the Bible we must lose our life to save it. Letting God do amazing things through us. And no matter how hard this is, we are never doing it alone.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment