The new little guy

The new little guy

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Wonder in the Day

I took Kira to the dentist today. As predicted, they are awful and we are planning surgery in November. She did awesome. We did have a new friend come to translate, but I think she would have done fine without. It was nice having her there though. It took 5 minutes to just go through and see the yuck ones. I feel so bad for Kira when she eats. She only chews with her front teeth because so many in the back are rotten. Now, where is the wonder in that? You are asking. That wasn't the "wonder moment", but lunch was.
I was sitting next to Kira at lunch having chicken and fries and being completely amazed at God. The moment He spoke to me in the orphanage to remind me He was there, I heard the echo at lunch today. You see, I was extremely discouraged when we first saw the doctors and heard all her diagnoses, it was overwhelming. I prayed that night and asked God to give me a sign because I felt alone and hadn't heard from him in quite a while. Well, the next day the second Dr. met with us and explained the paperwork had been started to transfer Kira to the adult mental institution and I clearly heard God speak to my heart, "I am here". Today, as I gazed at the little person next to me eating chicken and fries so seriously, I heard His echo...I am always here.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure God has some wonderful plans for Kira. I'm so glad he spoke to you. Not everyone can hear him. Not everyone can hear with their heart. You are her mother for a reason. And her challenges will become some of your most valuable lessons in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that this little sweetie is now part of your family. I know it will be a difficult journey but it will be worth it. I love the pics of your son with her especially. He looks thrilled to be a big brother again. She is a lucky little girl! Keeping your family in my thoughts & prayers.

    ReplyDelete