We take so much for granted. Rocking, for instance. Mamas and Papas rock babies, cuddle, make eye contact, give kisses, hugs, love. KR has been learning all this. The first night rocking was a lot of crying...power struggle. She did not like being held like a baby, she wanted control. The next night got better with that, but I discovered she didn't understand kisses are good, Mama kissed her nose and forehead and the power struggle was back on. I am happy to report by Friday of that week she came to me and asked to be rocked! Progress. She still has trouble with eye-contact. Hates when I make her look me in the eyes while we rock. Work in progress.
Then, yesterday, KR was having a day. She cried at things she hadn't cried about for a long time. Nap time she cried and screamed and she hasn't done that for weeks. Well, after nap she came and found me on the couch. She climbed up, snuggled in and said, "I sorry Mama". My melted heart left a puddle on the couch. Love that girl so much.
Pictures of KR and me settling in to rock one evening.




Awwwww, she is so precious.
ReplyDelete