Received a wonderful present from another Antoshka adoptive Mom. A picture of Kira with her groupa from last Christmas! She is such a cutie. Can't help but wish we had gotten to her so much sooner. Five years is a long time to be without a family. And she has been with us long enough that we are forgetting what life without her was like. Feels like she has always been here!
Kira made a great stride yesterday. I laid down with her for a nap and she wouldn't stop talking. So I told her, in Russian, if she didn't stop talking I would leave. She said, "go Mom". I asked her if she was sure and she said, yes. So I left and she stayed in the bedroom with the door shut BY HERSELF! That is HUGE! She still never slept. But, hey, I'll take any progress. When she was first home a room by herself with the door shut was unthinkable. She is making such great strides!
She is also participating in the kids taekwondo class. She is not officially enrolled but stands outside the door and does all the moves. She has a great time and loves to exercise and yell with them. Mr. Mike, the instructor, even gave her her own white belt and she loves it. Wears it with everything, including pajamas!
She has woken up dry for the past few mornings, but she doesn't get up to go to the bathroom at night so that might just be a fluke. Doing research I found nighttime bed wetting is a huge clue to sleep apnea, which is another reason she is having a sleep study Friday.
Merry Christmas early or late.

No comments:
Post a Comment