The new little guy

The new little guy

Saturday, August 25, 2012

I am using the above title because this is going to be a mish-mash post. Since we received our travel date it has been a little lot crazy around here. We are both still working and trying to pack, plan and have some fun with our kids before we leave for many weeks.
We had our informational meeting via phone yesterday. We learned all about where we are going and how the process will work. In a nutshell, Kev and I will travel over next week, have a meeting and hopefully meet our girl. It is most likely we won't meet her until Monday with paperwork being what it is, but I would ask for your prayers that we can see her next week! Our God is BIG and can do anything! After we meet "T" and say "yes" to adopting her the clock starts and our facilitators run around like headless chickens getting all sorts of signatures. Then we submit and get a court date. We are also praying all this goes quickly. If the judge grants our petition to adopt then a 10 day wait begins and I stay in Ukraine and Kev flies home. At the end of all this I spring Miss T from the Orphanage and we ride off into the sunset head to another town and finish the American side of things and then FLY HOME!
Today I will be making peach pie! We got many peaches from the Rotary Club here and we have to eat or bake them all before they get soggy. On a good note I have a fantastic California Slope peach pie recipe. Yummmy! Off to bake!

1 comment: