I had to work a few hours today and then headed to the grocery store to find lunch. I had about 10 items by the time I was ready to check out and got in line. That little checker gal made a mistake and it was going to take manager-power to undo it. Soooo, I followed the man ahead of me in line to the next check-out stand. The guy ahead of me only had 3 items, but the man in front of him had a cart full on the front of his mobility scooter thing (yes, that is a technical term:-) I was upset, I had to wait again, good grief, does not anyone realize it's all about me? A small voice whispered, "Look, See, Help". So, I toted my stuff to the man in the scooter and started putting his stuff on the check out belt. He was so thankful and proceeded to tell me what a terrible week he was having. I told him it was only Wednesday and that things would get better. He asked if I was married and I said, "Yes". He chuckled and said that was too bad:-) I got his items unloaded and went to get back at the end of the line. However, the man in front of me in the first line pulled me in ahead of him and said, "Now, that is the nicest thing I've seen anyone do for a long time. You now have to go in front of me." This man only had three items and I tried to decline, but he insisted! The whole demeanor of that man changed as well as the attitude of the checker and the man in the scooter. Kindness, love, look, see, help. Yes, Jesus, I hear you. Thank you.

No comments:
Post a Comment